Friday, March 5, 2010

WOW! March Already?

Hello out there in blog land!  Can you believe it is already March?!  My how time is flying.  Well I have been busy busy busy......trying to sew up all my stash.  There is soooo much pretty fabric out there I can hardly contain myself.  I have a dear friend in New York, who I miss so much!  They are "STEELERS" fans and she saw these pillows and fell in love with them, so I decided to make her one for Christmas (she just got it).  It took me some time because I had some other orders to fill and finally got around to hers.  Didn't want to just do her name since the whole family loves the Steelers I decided to make one with the family's last name, so they can put it in their collection.  When I say collection I mean collection! They are serious fans. 

Our hubbys were both in the Marine Corp and we met after being stationed in Jacksonville, NC.  Our sons were the same age and became great friends, we use to call Elena Jordan's second mom.  They moved to New York and we moved to California, but we still keep in touch with each other.  Perhaps one day we'll have a military family reunion.  Her hubby has since retired and mine has about 8 years to go, if he decides to retire at 20 years.  Here is a picture of the pillow.




No comments:

Post a Comment